Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Saga of the Manuscript

I have a children's book manuscript that I'm preparing to send out. The book is written, and now I'm in the research stage, finding the best fit of publisher to my manuscript. While checking out the whys, wherefores, and how-to's, I came across a very funny but sad story by Tappan King about a manuscript sent out into the world by its author.

It will take you about 12-15 minutes to read, but the time will be well spent. The article will open your eyes as to what goes on behind the doors of editors' offices in publishing houses.

Here's the link; read it if you dare! It's from the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America web site (lots of other great information on that site, as well!)

The Sobering Saga of Myrtle the Manuscript: A Cautionary Tale

Post your comments here at northern-night-writer.blogspot.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment