Monday, February 14, 2011

Get your Name in Print!

Do you belong to a group or society that has a newsletter? I do, and I know that the newsletter committee is always looking for content. Many offices or companies have company newsletters. Everything that someone else writes is something that someone on the committee doesn't have to write!

Take advantage of your connections and your knowledge in a specialized area to get your name in print. Newsletters are a certain kind of publishing credit, usually not the paying kind, but at least it's experience!



I have two articles in the current issue of the Prince George Astronomical Society Newsletter (January 2011). I just received my copy in the mail today, and the newsletter hasn't been posted online at their web site yet. A previous article that I wrote for this newsletter can be found at on page 8 of the November 2009 issue at:

http://vts.bc.ca/pgrasc/news/news.html

Start thinking where you can exercise your new-found expertise as a writer!

Uh oh, the deadline for the next astronomy newsletter is this Friday! I'd better get writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment