Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Limerick, for St. Patrick's Day

There once was a young man from Cork
Who had trouble using a fork
He never could learn
How to make the thing turn
Without giving way too much torque.

Probably not a prize winner, but by the time I sat down to write my blog today, I had only three minutes before the stroke of midnight, and I wanted this entry dated on March 17, and those lines are the first things that popped into my head! It is what it is!

Show your Irish and write a limerick! (Please remember this is a family publication!)

Have some fun! Leave your limerick as a comment under this entry!

2 comments:

  1. limericks are fun! mine are all about dance (quelle surprise!)

    There once was a dancer named Don
    Who hoped one dance craze would live on -
    He told a reporter:
    "My one leg is shorter ...
    What'll I do when hiphop is gone?"

    There once was a dancer named Ruth
    Who taught tap in a telephone booth
    Though she started out small
    She never missed a call ...
    Now she has her own school in Duluth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's one for you:

    A dancer from Scotland implored
    Her teacher to give her a sword
    She tripped as she danced
    Her left foot was lanced
    She hung up her shoes: she was bored!

    ReplyDelete